I admit that I am a self-diagnosed case of OCDADD! I know this because the OCD side of me wants order, and clutter drives me nuts. I can't stand to open a drawer or cabinet or closet or fridge or... and not be able to reach in a get whatever it is I am getting without a million things falling on my head or moving a million things out of the way.
So yesterday, I decided that my bathroom drawers were out of control and needed sorted again. I started with the most used drawer, which contains my makeup and hair supplies. I started putting hair accessories into a nice cosmetic bag, makeup into the makeup basket, and nail polish back into the nail bag when I discovered a pair of misplaced earrings. The earrings belong in the second most used drawer in the bathroom which contains my jewelry. Needless to say there were things in that drawer that belonged in the other drawer and one thing led to another and the next thing you know I have all 4 of my drawers dumped onto the counter plus my jewelry box and medicine cabinet. It was a mess!
In walks Mr. Wonderful, who by the way is doing much better and recovering nicely, and takes a look around, says a few choice words (told you he was feeling better) and announces he is going to the feed store to pick up a bale of straw for yard decoration. Since we have been very limited on outings as a family since June, I spoke up and said why don't we all go? Next thing you know, we all threw on some flip flops and were on our way to the feed store. Before we left, I opened the kitchen drawer to grab whatever it was I was going to grab. I couldn't get the drawer opened because it was crammed full of teacher letters from back to school night and fliers and coupons and earrings and hair clips...OCD kicked in again, but we had to go to the feed store.
Upon returning with bale of straw, I started working on the kitchen drawer because it was nearly time to start dinner and all the stuff I had taken out before we left was piled by the stove! By the time that drawer was done it was nearly time to start dinner, but not before I got the laundry going. I ran upstairs to grab a load of laundry and saw the mess I had left with my earlier OCD outburst. I had to put on blinders to pass by the counter to get to the closet where the dirty laundry was waiting. When I opened the closet door, I found the unfinished disaster in the closet that I had started Friday night and didn't finish because of some long forgotten distraction. I couldn't just leave it like that, so I did the only thing I could, I started to finish the closet.
This happens all the time! I can spend the entire day cleaning and have a bigger mess than when I started...I want things clean, but it is very difficult for me to clean one thing at a time. It never fails, I go to gather laundry and find something else that needs done along the way, one thing leads to another which leads to another and before you know it a week has passed and the laundry is still not done!
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do you secretly live at my house??
Two peas in a pod, NO DOUBT!
Post a Comment