Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just when you think...

...things are going to get better, you get slammed with another life-changing event.

I can't believe I'm sitting here about to type this...

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of WTF!? On the 24th we got news from the Dr. that Mr. Wonderful's cancer had returned. Not only has it returned, it is stage 4, terminal. The average expectancy...average 1yr, 6mo if you aren't so lucky, 18-24 if you are really really lucky. The good news is that the original throat cancer is no longer there...it has moved to left and right iliac, sacrum, L4, 8th rib, lymph nodes in chest, and several measurable spots in both lungs.

Heading to hospital at the ass-crack of dawn to have a central line/chemo port placed in his chest. Once he is released from that procedure, straight to the oncology office to get another 1st round of chemo. I absolutely HATE the thought of going through this AGAIN! It was horrible to see someone go through all he went through last summer and have to face it again, with grim hope that he will be the exception.

Although it is hard to see God's will in this, I'm keeping the faith. If you read this, please say a prayer for us and ask others to do the same.

No comments: