It has been quite crazy in my world and I do have a lot to say, but there is a shortage of time in my day. Soooooo, I have reverted back to the "old fashion" way and have been putting pencil to paper when a thought pops in my head. One of these days, I will get around to transferring it to the world of technology! Maybe...
Until then, a quick synopsis of what's been going on in Minarchinville...
January 9th, sprained my ankle (really bad). Went to urgent care where I was given a set of crutches and an ace bandage for my $30, and instructions to let pain be my guide...x-ray negative for fracture. March-ish, ankle still swollen and giving me problems. Resumed normal activity and two mile nightly walks. Finally had enough, called the doctor who scheduled MRI and x-ray. MRI results show 3 torn ligaments and fluid in the ankle joint. Off to the specialist I go. Spent 4 weeks stewing over the visit, with moron doctor, in a lace up athletic brace...no change, if anything it was worse. April-ish, appointment with specialist #2. Immediately puts me in a walking boot and sends me off for MRI with contrast. THAT was fun...NOT! The results from that MRI showed the same torn ligaments and a tendon canal that resembled "swiss cheese". 6 weeks in a boot for me. In the meantime, I had to be cast for a Ritchie brace. For those of you who don't know, a Ritchie brace is a real fancy, hinged brace that has to be worn with tennis shoes (I opted for the blue snakeskin). If you know me, I HATE WHEN MY FEET ARE RESTRICTED AND HOT, not real thrilled with the idea. Picked that up on Wednesday and had fitting with Dr. on Thursday, during which time he informed me that I would spend a minimum of 3 MONTHS in that brace, more like 4-6 months! UGH! 3 MONTHS? IN ARIZONA? IN THE SUMMER? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? REALLY? Guess I have to suck it up, it beats surgery...maybe. At least I have mobility and can continue all that I do without worrying about surgery and recovery time.
Now for all that I do...
Spring was filled with exciting Basketball games/cheer, track meets, and baseball. Three kids in sports is exhausting to say the least, but that is over and things have settled down...a little.
Mr. Wonderful is still undergoing cancer treatment/chemo. This is beginning month 5 since we started again in February. He had a scan in March that showed a few new spots in the lungs and no change in other areas. Not fantastic news in that there was spread, however no NEW areas were affected. The oncologist changed the type of chemo, which he now gets every Monday along with a bio agent chemo he has been getting since the beginning and he added a bone building med every 4 weeks. Mr. Wonderful is hanging in there, discouraged by his looks, but hanging. He had another scan today, will have the results when we go in for chemo on Tuesday. Hoping for the best (no new spread), and preparing for the worst. This whole thing has been both mentally and physically taxing, especially coupled with the loss of my Mother in November.
Life has not been all that bad, just hit some giant potholes the past 12 months. Kiddos are all doing well, getting ready for a trip to Texas next week for a wedding, and contemplating a trip to Ohio in July provided all is well on the home front.
Signing off for now, as I have a 4hr exam to take in the morning. Apparently a college degree isn't good enough to be considered "highly qualified" to teach in the state of AZ. More on that at a later time...
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
and I keep checking and checking to see if you jumped back in here and what do you know?? The crazy week and a half with rehearsals and recital I don't look and whaddaya know?? THREE posts!! Wow!
Sorry about the crappy news, and I know that boot is driving you nuts too.
Hope the TX trip is going well!!
Post a Comment