Monday, October 6, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays...

It was bound to happen eventually, but I decided to tempt Mother Nature with the opportunity to dump some rain on our dry vegetation and I washed my vehicle last night for the first time since...well, it's been so long I don't remember when! I had to take ol Brutus out in the rain this morning and dirty up my wash job. Oh well, we sure needed the rain. There is a positive in everything! At least that's what I tell myself!

Since I have seriously neglected my blog for weeks, this may be a long one! I think I will attack it with a list, lists are always good. Learned that today at inservice...see, the day wasn't wasted!

Since my last blog....

My daughters have had two dance performances, both of which were absolutely beautiful. Yes, my fair skinned, blued-eyed girls are dancing Folklorico or "Mexican Dance" as they call it, no offense. I love the culture, love the music, love...love...love the costumes! We have three more community performances this month. I can't wait to get them dressed up with hair pieces and make-up again. You know, the instructor offers classes for adults...still contemplating that class after a year. Maybe, someday....nah, just wishful thinking! I'll sit back and enjoy the girls and make them teach me, yeah then no embarassment for me!

Mr. Wonderful pulled, pinched, whatever his sciatic nerve. I finally convinced him that he should take the steroid and muscle relaxers the Dr. prescribed. He's still complaining of "charlie horse" pain in his calf and his heel is "numb". I suggested a call to the Dr., but he refused. Typical man behavior right there! He's also been experiencing high blood pressure for about two weeks, won't see the doc on that one either. He is monitoring it with a bp cuff here. Most readings are in the norm to high norm, at least the few I have witnessed. he should be writing it down, but hasn't logged a single reading yet. Like the saying goes...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I'm sure when he reaches his pain threshold or has a heart attack, he will reconsider my suggestion to seek medical advice. Ugh!

On a more positive note, I have successfully learned how to DVR stuff so I can now catch up on Days at night and not have to wait until Sunday to try to say awake til 4 catching up on a weeks worth and if I fall asleep during a movie I can watch it later and if I am called away by kid requests I can rewind it. I think I have watched more movies the past month than I have in the past three years! Yay me! On another technological note, I have successfully learned how to make a spreadsheet, might have mentioned that before, but mighty proud of it!

We celebrated MIL, Monster Man, and Mr. Wonderful's b-day at a German restraunt. It was A LOT of fun. The food was fantastic, the entertainment was awesome, a good time was had by all! German night was quickly followed by Monster Man's b-day party at Chuck E. Cheese hell the next day. Although I must say, they have spuced up the joint a bit since our last visit. New and improved games, better pizza... Monster Man was in 7th heaven with the two Camerons, one boy Cameron, one girl Cameron. Lots of "Spidey-fun" was had by all! Now, the task is to find a home for all the new "big boy" lego sets and spider-man parafanalia. Oh, forgot to mention the addition of a new pet to the family. My baby boy is now the owner of his very own hermit crab which he has creatively named...are you ready for this?...Mr. Crabs! He has wanted one of these for nearly two years, there was no way I could let another birthday pass and not fill his request. He hugged me great big and told me it was his most favoritest birthday present he got! Melted my heart on the spot! He enjoyed his birthday presents so much that I have barely seen him for two days! He has been busy building lego cars and spiderman spaceships and loop-the-loops! It is so refreshing to see him doing something other than begging to play nintendo! One of these days, I'll get around to posting pictures of all these things. Probably about May when school is out again!

On to a humbling topic...took my/our 12 yr old puppy to another vet to get a second opinion on a tumor he's had for four years that all of a sudden "needs removed". Second vet agreed and surgery is set for the 22 of this month. He will have at least an 8 in incision when surgery is over providing all lab work is normal and he actually has the surgery. The vet also put him on Remadyl, pain meds for arthritis, and said it should improve his "quality of life". Started noticing last night he's moving a bit slower and he barked all night, had an accident on the floor by the back door. I noticed earlier some sores on the inside of his upper lip, a side effect of the Remadyl, I'm sure. I decided to stop treatment for now based on that, then he fell and couldn't get up. I had to help him up and he managed to walk outside. Watched him really close to make sure he was OK. Left him to do business and he barked to come in. He is now laying here sleeping, at least until I go upstairs, which he rarely attempts to do anymore, and he begins his all night barking protest. So his actions led me to google Remadyl, I am still freaked out by what I have read on the side effects. OMG!!! Had I known the risks before agreeing to start him on it, I would have not started it. He will not be taking anymore of it. If the symptoms persist or are still present tomorrow I fear another trip to the vet is in order. I would hate to think my decision to help him has made him suffer more. Ugh!

And the final thing I'm including on my list tonight, not because it is the only other thing that has occured since last post, but because it is late and if I go to sleep right now I might get 5 hrs of sleep and also because I am really excited about it! I finally, after threatening for years, got my hair cut today! I'm not talking a trim job either! I'm talking C-U-T CUT! I finally got the haircut I have wanted for about 8 months or more. I got myself a stacked, swing bob haircut! I'm talking hair to my bra strap to shaved nape! I LOVE IT! It was like a burden lifted off my shoulders. One less thing to fuss with in the mornings, easy peasy styling and out the door, and it is sooo freakin' cute! Again, will post before and after pics one of these years!

As we left our inservice meeting this afternoon, they played a song. I will leave you with these lyrics...since you never know when I will get back to blog again these days.

Roy Rogers - Dale Evans Museum
Lyrics to "Happy Trails" by Dale Evans Rogers

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor poochie. Hope he is feeling better now.

I vote GO on the dance class!! You will have so much fun!

Love the hair cut! As much as I bitch about mine, I really like it long and fixed, even though I don't really fix it that often.