Friday, October 24, 2008

Home Alone

Here I sit, home alone! No demanding requests from kids! No Mr. Wonderful barking orders! No hormone crazed middle schoolers to worry about! Nothing but me, my dog, my soaps, and my 80s hair band music blaring! What a beautiful day!!

I have managed to do NOTHING at all today! No laundry. No dishes. No vacuuming. Zilch. Nada. NOTHING!! And I feel no guilt for accomplishing absolutely nothing thus far today, which was my intention when I took today off as a "mental health" day.

Well... that and taking care of my puppy who "underwent the knife" on Wednesday and is still recovering with a huge incision tacked together with no less than 19 stitches on the outside and who knows how many on the inside. We are still awaiting histopath results from the lab to determine the nature of the tumor that was removed. His incision has finally stopped oozing enough to take off the bandages and let it air out. He's still moving very slowly and needs help getting back onto the deck, but is far more mobile than he has been since surgery.

So for now... the toilets, dirty laundry, and dust can wait. As selfish as it may seem, I'm enjoying my day off with no regrets!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You go!! I'm sitting here to do exactly that for a few hours before we have to take off. I need one of those days!!

Anonymous said...

OOOHHH>..I love a day off. Poor puppy...I have on my 80's station during the day...makes me feel a bit nostalgic, and I know the words, so that make is it better...it is usually turned off by dd when she gets home...she says it's too distracting for her...lol.

and thanks for your comment love...