Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Growing older but not up..."

Here it comes...another Jimmy Buffett song lyric reference! As the concert date grows closer, I just can't help myself!

Chorus: Growing Older but Not Up
I'm growing older but not up
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
Let those winds of time blow over my head
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead

As we grow up, we often get caught up in the "daily grind" of things and forget to have fun and enjoy what life brings to our doorstep. I have been stuck in that mode for some time now and have recently realized that I have let the "daily grind" inhibit my life in so many ways. I stopped painting, drawing, sewing, playing with the kids, watching cartoons, coloring, and the list goes on. In light of recent events, I have realized how important it really is to embrace the things in life that bring you joy, even in the most minute ways.

My goal going forward is to live by the lyrics of one of my idols and start living life to it's fullest. I'm going to dance when I have the urge, sing out loud when I feel the urge, smile more often, and take a more positive outlook on life. Life is way too short to just watch it pass by...

No comments: