...at least it has in Texas. Trees and flowers and roses and bluebonnets are popping up all over the place, and with that comes spring allergies for Monster Man. Poor thing has been a wreck for weeks, since trees started blooming in February. He's been on allergy meds, albuterol treatments, benadryl (for itchy eyes and flare ups), which were holding the symptoms at bay until last week.
Thursday night he woke up with a severe asthma attack, at least for us it was severe, and I (the calm one) was ready to dash to the ER. I managed to calm him down and get the asthma under control and laid by his side while he struggled to sleep all night. Took him to the doctor the next day. Three prescriptions later, I'm happy to say that he hasn't had a breathing treatment for 3 days. Lcuky for us, most of the trees and plants have been pollinated and allergy season is nearly over. At least until October when ragweed becomes a trigger...
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment