Because I have been brain blocked for months and totally stressed out lately, I'm jumping back onto the blog saddle for some past due writing therapy...of course, I have to take baby steps, so I'm starting with a list!
10 Things I've Learned This Year...
1. Your kids grow up way too fast! It seems like yesterday I was changing diapers and mixing bottles, now I'm buying bras and dealing with hormones! Most days are good, but today was not one of them...
2. Preparing to sell a house is stressful! It isn't an easy task putting away all of your personal stuff and still feel like you are at home. Although, less clutter makes it easier to clean, I'd rather be able to see all of my stuff when I walk through a room, not just a skeleton of what use to be there.
3. It is not good to cold turkey prozac! I do not recommend this to anyone on any sort of SSRI. It really jacks up your system! Please, for your safety and for the safety of those around you, consult your physician before making a decision like that on your own.
4. Beware of friends with knives...those hurt the worst! Still an open wound for me...might embellish on this sometime in the future, but not now.
5. I really miss having my mom close to me! We had an awesome visit during spring break, I just wish it would have been longer. Maybe someday we will live closer together...I hope!
6. It is painful to watch my dog struggle in his old age. He takes forever to lay down and to stand up is a chore, jumping onto the deck is getting nearly impossible, he can't hear well, he can't run and play, but I can see that he wants to...I could go on and on! I am thankful for the years I've had with him and will miss him tremendously when he passes.
7. No matter how big of a "shit" you are, your family is always there for you...even if they don't agree with you! The same goes for true friends...I am thankful to the few true friends I have that wouldn't jump at a chance to run a dagger in my back!
8. I am getting quite use to not having any "real" responsibilities right now, it is allowing me to focus on the more important things in life and finding myself.
9. Even though I claim to be disorganized, I function really well with a list. The list must be written by yours truly or it won't get done. I tossed at least a dozen lists when I cleaned out my purse.
10. I've been through a lot of shit this past month, most of it self-inflicted, and I've come out a better person for it. Things can only get better from here....
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Passing pina colada...
Hang in there chick! :-D
Post a Comment