With all I've been through, I am still standing! I am strong, I am motivated, and I am free to be me!
I never dreamed the events of the past month or more would ever come about, let alone as soon as they did, but I must say I am very happy that they did!
Some religions believe that there are no coincidences in life and everything happens for a reason. I am very much starting to believe that, although parts of it are still difficult to comprehend.
For example, my mom passing...I still struggle with the fact she is not a phone call away, but now see value in the lessons she taught me, specifically strength in the face of adversity. She suffered in different ways throughout her life, but she managed to raise my brother and I with little means and instill morals and values in our lives and she practically raised my brother from another mother.
She worried we didn't have what we needed, but I can't recall a time we went without anything. We were both in sports and well clothed, had meals on the table every night, and wanted for nothing.
Looking back, and having kids of my own, she's the one who went without. My dad was never around, he was too busy with alcohol and chasing other women. Yet she stayed married to him until I was 18. The lesson taken from that was sacrifice. In my own life, I have sacrificed not only monetary items, but personal happiness for that of others as did she.
P
I filed for divorce from Mr. Wonderful 4 times, yet never followed through. Why? Personal sacrifice. I couldn't risk the kids being raised the way he was and without a strong influence from me. Was it with it? Absolutely! Given the chance to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing! Over time we managed to tolerate and eventually come to share life on a deeper level. All of which have made me the person I am today.
A person who knows what she wants in life and exactly what she doesn't. A person who can recognize and appreciate the good qualities in others. A person who is ready to live life and take in every moment it has to offer. Because without those not so good experiences, the greater things in life can easily be passed by.
I have opened the next chapter of my life and so far the preview is out of this world! This chapter begins with someone I've known for 24 years and turned down twice in my youth. Coincidence? I think not...I didn't have the life experience to truly appreciate what was right in front of me. It is very curious that our paths crossed again after so many years and that circumstances in both our lives allow for us to be part of the other's life.
I don't know for sure what the future holds other than hope and that alone makes me a very happy girl. I am at peace in my soul and that is a wonderful feeling!
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment