April is upon us and sunshine is bountiful in Arizona! My grass is coming out of dormancy and starting to thicken up. Plants and trees are in full bloom and the smell of orange blossoms fill the air. I wake to fresh air blowing through my windows and the sounds of birds chirping out their wake up call. The occasional sound of a woodpecker tapping away on a neighboring rooftop brings a smile to my face.
But, that's not the only thing bringing a smile to my face these days. I am very much enjoying watching my kids come into their own, personalities that were once hidden beneath the surface are starting to blossom. Watching them be who they are is an amazing feeling! I am, in my own way, also beginning to blossom. I never thought being myself was, or ever would be good enough, but it feels incredible to be just me...nothing more, nothing less, just me!
I am free, to not only be myself, but to make decisions for myself. I have struggled with some life changing decisions over the past couple of months, not sure which direction to set sail. I have prayed for guidance and perhaps answers at times. My neighbor told me that I "would know", it would be "very clear" to me which direction to lead my journey. Every day that passes, the answers I seek have not only presented themselves. They have also provided the clarity and perspective I desperately needed. And it really is "the simple things" in life that prove to be the ones that mean the most. My life is truly blessed!
Monday, April 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So awesome to see you so HAPPY! I can see it in your writing! Can't wait to be closer!!
Post a Comment