Friday, July 11, 2008

OOOOOOHHHHHH!

Sometimes my kids just make me mad! I'm shuffling around the house, trying to make sure I have everything laid out and or packed so we can leave for vacation in the morning. We are going to AL for 8 days and I'm so excited and thought the kids would be too, but boy was I wrong! Trying to get them to bring me anything or help is like asking them to circumnavigate the globe in the 1400's, just ain't happenin'!

You would think that going to the beach for a week would be motivation to help, but these guys are so put out by my requests. It's unbelievable! Apparently, I am interrupting the more important things in life, video games and TV. UGH! When the oldest responded with rolling eyes, head bobbing, and huge sigh of "We are TRYING to watch a movie here! DUH!" My head spun in circles and smoke rolled out my ears! I was so freakin' furious!! I had to walk away and calm myself before helping her see the err of her ways.

After a walk to the shed to gather shovels and pails, lots of cursing under my breath on the way to and fro, and an ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper later, I calmly called her into the living room for a "chat". She walks in with attitude, shuffling her feet like it's killing her to be in the same room with me, and flops in the chair and said "WHAT!?!". (Me thumping my head against the wall....breathe in, breathe out, 1, 2, 3,...Lord, please give me the strength not to SNATCH HER BALD!) OK, I understand that you are TRYING to watch a movie, but Mommy is TRYING to finish packing for our trip and I'm very sorry if it is an inconvenience to be pulled away from your movie from time to time. By the way how many times have you seen that movie? So it is safe to say that if you were to miss a minute or two while helping me that you could go back to watching it and not be lost, right? OK! Do you want to go on this trip? Yes! Wouldn't it be nice to have all of your clothes, beach stuff, toys, games, snacks, etc with us so that we can be comfortable during our 10 hr drive and have everything we need while we are gone? (meekly) yes. Well then, it is ESSENTIAL that when I ask for help that you and your brother and sister help without fussing about it. If I'm asking for something it is probably because I have just thought about it and don't want you to be without it. Can you help Mommy out and co-operate with me here and put away the attitude for awhile? ok Just know that for the rest of the day or until everything is packed into the van and ready for takeoff that I may at any given moment interrupt your movie or game or whatever and ask for your help. Capeesh?

Lord have mercy, if this is any indication of what the teen years may bring, I'm seriously F&^%ed!

No comments: