Thursday, July 17, 2008

Random comment...

Not sure why this popped into my head, but it's short and a bit funny.

I went to a Jr. High basketball tournament to support my students who were playing. My Principal and Priest were in attendance along with a few other staff members and parents. During one of the time-outs they started playing "Queen of My Double Wide Trailer" by Sammy Kershaw. That's when my Principal turned around and said did that song just say "Queen...Trailer"? and I proudly said YES IT DID and do you want to know something scary? I KNOW THE WORDS TO THIS SONG!! and proceeded to sing the rest of the song..."When the chicken fried steaks arrived, she said I like livin' like this..." while she sat in amazement and watched. Then asked me "How in the WORLD do you know the lyrics to THAT?" To which I responded, I grew up in Backwoods, Ohio and we know the words to ALL those kinds of songs!

Sometimes I'm a little more redneck than I'd like to be!

No comments: