...That is how I would describe myself last week when Mr. Wonderful and I took the day to do a little shopping for the little angels. Man they must have been really really REALLY super good kids according to the final balance in the bank account after four hours of shopping! Good Gawd, "Santa" is B-R-O-K-E, BROKE!
I can't complain though, I'm going to have A LOT of fun come Christmas morning!
Our first stop was this little Old Fashioned Toy Shop, this was the most fun I've had shopping in ages. Classic toys spread wall to wall. Picture this...Mr. Wonderful and I enter the toy shop. He's on a mission. I, on the other hand, am taken back to childhood and sounded a little something like this..."OH MAN, they have Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls!" "OH WOW! LOOK! Metal spinning tops! I haven't seen one of these in years! Mr. Wonderful? Hey, where are you?" I quickly stopped the three tops I had spinning at once and went over to join Mr. Wonderful and his party-pooper attitude only to be distracted by...wind up toys! That encounter went a little something like this..."OH! WINDUP TOYS!! LOOK! They have monkeys and turtles and oh, look, this one flips and this one hops! These are awesome! I remember my collection of wind up toys, my favorite..." I was interrupted my Mr. Wonderful's party-pooper attitude once again. This time with an official warning "We are here to shop for the kids, not reminisce about your childhood. Now come on, before you get us kicked out of here." I'm not sure who shit in his wheaties, but I was having myself a good ol' time and I don't think that little old lady behind the counter minded one bit that I was enjoying myself like a kid in a toy store!
For the record, I purchased that spinning top, 3 wind up toys, a sock monkey, one of those wheel things that stays on the metal bar without falling off, and a kalidescope. Like I said, I will have a ball Christmas morning! Hopefully the little angels will too!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
-stopped the three tops I had spinning at once-
LMAO! You almost got my coffee on that one! Ha! If it had been you and me, yeah, we'd been kicked out, lol. Though I'm sure little old lady probably had a good time watching you have fun!
I think I have a sock monkey around here somewhere...
Post a Comment