Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fruit Anyone?

Quite a funny story...

Hubby leaving to pick up his meds at Wally World asked me if I needed anything while he was out. Hmmmmm.......of course when given the opportunity for someone else to do my shopping my mind draws a complete blank and the only thing I can pull from the still spinning from the day abyss is "uhhh...some sort of fruit would be good...yeah, uhhhh...just get some bananas" .

He arrives home with a boat-load of bags and a huge smile on his face and asks...What did you ask me to get? DUH!! Bananas, did you forget? NO, before that? I don't know, some fruit? YES!! Some FRUIT!! I got you SOME fruit baby! I'm thinking oh shit, what now?

With a boyish grin he begins to dig into the bags and turns around with a "I got you a... pineapple!" Still digging "some kiwi" digging more "some mangoes, not green bell peppers like in Ohio, but real mangoes" wal-mart bags rustling "oh, your bananas...see I remembered" digging again "some apples, these are Gala apples, ever tried them?" shuffling and giggling "and finally I bought you a....COCONUT!" Is that enough fruit?

It was a nice thought and it did lift my spirits a bit, especially when he told me the chick checking him out at the register gave him the WTF? look when he plunked the coconut on the counter and he had to tell her what it was.

After the stress of the week, I'm still smiling and wonder what the hell I'm going to do with a coconut. I don't have an iceskate to crack it open!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!
Can you drop it out a high window onto the driveway/sidewalk?? :-D

Chalk one up to men aren't totally clueless...ok, well most of the time they are....have one snoring 5 ft from me right now! ha!