Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stop World...I WANNA get off!

The past few days have been a blur. In fact, I'm not even sure what day of the week it is...I think I heard "Tuesday" at some point today. Between sick kids, MIL back in town, a stomach virus, progress reports, field trips, and all the insanity that goes along with end of school year, I am very much looking forward to summer break.

For those of you who think teachers have the ideal job with holidays and summers off...HA 1 HA 1 I will be the first to admit that I love what I do (it keeps me young at heart and in spirit) and holidays and summers off are wonderful things, but here is the "real" reason for that awesome schedule.

The forefathers of the current education system were brilliant in their scheduling abilities. Someone, somewhere along the line must have known that the youth of our country would be in danger without scheduled sanity breaks for the teachers! Sorry to "break" the news kids...Spring Break is for teachers! Christmas Break is for teachers! Summer Break is for teachers! Three-day weekends are a bonus to all!

To the students I teach, you are all wonderful young adults who will go on to do wonderful things in this crazy world. I have faith in all of you! It has been a great year and I am thankful for the opportunity to have been a part of your education experience. However, I am AS ready as you are for the world to at least slow down for a couple of months! The countdown is official...13 days!!

To the founders of our education system...THANK YOU!!

To those around me for listening to my continuous babble...a Heartfelt THANK YOU!!

To AE &LG(my underpaid therapists), YOU ROCK!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

~~Summer Break is for teachers~~

AMEN sista!!