Friday, August 22, 2008

5 o'clock somewhere...

Well, let's just say this week has been anything but boring and I am ready to sit back in my easy chair and sip on an ice cold beverage! Truth is... I'm too freakin' tired to get up and do anything about it! I mean, it's pretty bad when one wakes up at 5 am, chugs two schooners of coffee, and wakes up at 6:10 in the chair, empty mug in hand, still needing shower, kids still in bed, uniforms still in dryer damp, and less than an hour to get everyone ready (self included), lunches packed, and out the door! Can you say running late for the third time this week? I'm whooped!

My body is so out of whack it isn't even funny. I've had tummy trouble, headaches, fatigue, and my face exploding like Mt. St. Helen. I'm too old to have ZITS like this! I know it is simply because I have changed my daily routine from doing nothing all day to being on my feet, using my brain, and going on 5 hrs. of rest (can't call it sleep if you aren't sleeping) a night. Thank God, Labor Day is on the horizon! DAY OFF! WOO HOO!

Let me put it this way, my house is a disaster area...soon to be condemned by Mr. Wonderful. I finally managed to get the kitchen cleaned and my sink shiny last night after dinner, but the rest of the house has been seriously neglected this week. Mr. Wonderful even did laundry the other day if that is any indication of how backed up things have gotten in our house! Hopefully, I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow then put a "hurtin' " on this house the remainder of the day. Unless someone out there wishes to volunteer to come do it for me! Hint Hint...ANG!

Ending on a good note, my classroom is neat and clean, my lesson plans for next week done, papers from the week graded, and I can still see my desk! One less thing to do this weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lesson plans done? Papers graded?? You can see your desk?!?

Who are you and what did you do with my best friend??!! :-D

Sucks when you get something under control the rest of life falls apart. Ugh. My house is a disaster zone but it's presently 250 miles away from me , so I won't think about that now...

A week at mom's and lots of time at the barn. I feel like a run over old dog with a bum knee and bad back. Oh, and Flo dropped in. I'll be sending her your way ASAP!

Well I might let you enjoy your weekend before I send her packin' lol