Friday, August 8, 2008

The JETS?! and other ramblings...

The Jets? For real? The JETS?! A New York team?

I have been bred over the past 12 years to be a die hard Packer fan. I have found that over the past few weeks of "off season" that I am more like a "Fan of the Favre" than a fan of the Packers. Over the years, I watched this man lead his team to the Super Bowl and win, I watched this man suffer the loss of his father, and I watched this man stand by his wife as she fought off breast cancer. Not once did he falter in his dedication to the Packers, the man has started every game for the past 16 years, he's played through injury and hardship, he's made the Packers what they are today. So why treat him the way they have over the past few weeks? One word sums it up...UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm still out of sorts with the Packers, but after watching Brett's news conference last night and seeing the relief on his face makes it all sit a little better. The kicker was the pictures posted on the Packers website last night of Favre running down the sideline with his new team mates with a BIG smile on his face! GO FAVRE! GO JETS! I'll be watching this season...

Now that I have that off my chest....

Today brings an end to my first week back to work...if you can call it that at this time. We started the week with a reatreat, followed by meetings, updates, handbooks, curriculum updates, blood born pathogens video, budget updates, enrollment, calendar, and a whole lot of manual labor in cleaning out rooms and preparing for the first day of school which is closing in all too quickly! As it stands right now, I should be able to finish my classroom today. I just need to wrap up my ADD style of cleaning. At one point yesterday, you couldn't walk in the door of my classroom if you needed to. I had about 25 things going at once...closet, desk, posters, boxes of stuff, supplies...all piled/dumped in the middle of the floor because in my deranged mind the only way to sort and clean stuff properly is to pull it out/ dump it out and put away only those things you want to keep. The rest either gets pitched or put in the up for grabs pile.

One thing I learned this summer is that I keep WAY too much CRAP that I don't need and will never use and just because it is FREE doesn't mean that I need to accept it...there is a reason someone else doesn't want it! I learned to say THANKS BUT NO THANKS! I must say that my house looked much like my classroom did for most of the summer, but my drawers are clean, my cabinets are clean, my pantry is clean, my closets are clean, my garbage man is wondering why our weekly dump has doubled for the past two months, and I feel SOOOOOO much better not having all that JUNK in my house and falling on me every time I open a door! Now cleaning and putting things away are so much easier!

See, my ADD just derailed me....back to school...once I get my classroom in order, I will be spending next week getting the Science Lab in working order. Our maintenance man has been out sick this week and last (possibly pneumonia) which leave a lot of cleaning and stuff we normally wouldn't have to do on our shoulders to take care of (small school, one class per grade, one maintenance man). It was apparently painted this summer and there is paint spatter all over my lab stations and counter tops. Which due to extreme dust or heat wipes right off. I still have a gianormous fish tank to set back up too. Then books to pull out...oh my...anxiety is kicking in.

And then there are 100 locker combinations for me to change and test...OK! I better stop here. I'm starting to get a bit freaked out! Inhale....exhale...inhale...exhale....

Breathe! It will all get done...it always does...no need to stress yet!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: