Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's officially over...

Yes, my dear readers, my summer is officially over starting at 7:30 tomorrow morning. Although I am saddened by the fact that I can no longer sit around and do nothing all day, I'm excited about starting a new year with new faces.

I can tell that the time to return to work/school is near for I have had anxiety for a couple of weeks. Dreams/nightmares about not having a schedule or class list, not being able to find my classroom, kids coming in from every direction and I'm still in my Pjs...not fun stuff, I'm telling ya! Mr. Wonderful woke me up one night to see what was wrong...apparently I was thrashing about and yelling about something. Nothing more than the been off work nearly three months, now gearing up to go back paranoia...I'll be fine.

The kids bickering off and on, all day and night, for the past two weeks is another indication that IT IS TIME! OMG! I think I would go insane if I had to listen to that for much longer. I love my kids, but dang! Even Mr. Wonderful has been on them for bickering so much lately. Of course it has been 100+ for 14 of last 15 days (and no relief in sight...highs around 106/107) and they aren't getting outside much which only adds to their aggitation. I'm feeling that way too. I really haven't been outside since we've been back from vacation, 2 weeks ago, to do anything other than water my wilting flower garden and stuggling gourds. Mr. Wonderful said it was inhumane to try and grow ANYTHING in this heat because it was torture to go out and water it. He'd much rather be in a seasonal climate w/ cool, crisp fall days, snow, and climate "worthy" of growing stuff. I prefer the beach...maybe someday we can have the best of both worlds, we just haven't figured out where that would be yet.

Hopefully, I can still find time in my day to keep up with all my bloggy friends. If not, there is always the weekend for catching up while slaving away at Mt. Washmore and doing lesson plans.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kind of a "yay" and kind of sucks all at the same time, lol.

I'm barely here...got home from drag race until 3 am...slept 'til 10 am, just out of sorts and run down all day.

Ugh. I'll be thinkin' of you tomorrow :-D

Anonymous said...

Well..I am Certainly looking forward to the start of school...and I now have my blog as proof that a "let's just wing it this summer" is NOT a good plan for me.

Thank you so much for your kind words and suggestions on my blog..I'm already looking into the book...