Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vertically Challenged

Is it asking too much to find a pair of pants that actually fit without hemming them? I buy petites and they are still 3 inches too long, I buy capris and they come to my ankles, I buy bermuda shorts and they come below my knee...bottom line my legs are short, stubby, little things and I'm tired of trying on khaki pants that DO NOT fit properly!! So if you see me walking around town wearing thread barren khaki pants, you will know why!

And for the record, having a child in Middle School is NOT fun! OMG! Can you say E-MO-TION-AL ROLLER COASTER? DRAMA? Note to self: Call Dr. to increase meds, stock liquor cabinet, insert earplugs!

Let's add to the mix a 5th grader with Middle Child Syndrome who thinks I "DON'T UNDERSTAND" anything she tells me and everyone "IS MEAN TO HER" and doesn't want to do anything because of above items. THUD! THUD! THUD! (that's me banging my head against the wall as she sits on the couch pouting)

Then we have Monster Man...I don't even know where to begin with this one! I'll limit it to this evening's happenings thus far. Picked him up from after school care, he was mad because he "WASN'T READY TO GO HOME, YET!" and threw a stomping, fussing, back-pack swinging fit in front of children I teach and teachers I work with. I can't forget to mention the sting on my back when he hit me with his T-shirt. (picture my head spinning on my shoulders and flames shooting out the top of my head as I shuffled him into the van while counting to two million!) THEN...He runs in the door, directly to the video games. Wait a minute MISTER, don't you have homework? "Homework can wait until I'm done, MAMA!" WHAT!?! (again, head spinning, flames shooting) I somehow mustered enough strength to calmly ask him to come downstairs for a "chat". Which was followed by ANOTHER stomping, fussing, kick the bathroom door as I walk by fit which was NOT in front of students or co-workers. Needless to say he sat right down and did his homework!

I have a feeling it will be an early to bed kind of night for all! And have I mentioned that I haven't seen sun in like THREE DAYS? Good for the vegetation, not so much for my mood!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! I have a few more days before we start the school work fuss. I don't even want to think about it.

side note- I will come clean carpets anytime of the year EXCEPT the first two weeks of school. Flames shooting out your head might just scare me a little bit. :-d