I am happy to report that Edouard has brought cooler temps to North Texas...THANK GOD! Compared to the 104-107 temps we've had for the past two weeks, this morning's cloud cover and cooler temperatures were graciously welcomed! It is currently, at 92, 10 degrees cooler right now than it was this time yesterday. I might have to bust out the sweatshirts at these temperatures...hee hee...I crack myself up!
I'm sure temps like this won't last long in August in Texas, so I am going to make the best of the gift I have been given this evening. I'm going to grill pork chops for dinner...outside! After dinner, I'm going to work on my wilting /half-dead flower garden...outside! An added bonus from these milder temps is that I can do those things without risk of immediate heat stroke when I open the door! :) All kidding aside, Monday evening I was out watering the front flowers at 9 pm. The outdoor temperature was still 100 degrees and it was dark and I had to constantly move around to keep my tootsies from burning.
I also hear there is a "cold front" moving our direction. Due here Fridayish...hopefully that will bring us some much needed rain!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment