As usual, Mr. Wonderful went out of his way to make sure his wonderful family had a GREAT vacation. We spent a week at Dauphin Island, AL taking in the sea and salty air. The name of our rental was "The Big Lazy", a quite appropriate name. Although we were nothing close to lazy. In fact, the increased activity that week resulted in a near 10 lb weightloss for me...woohoo!
Since I am still trying to figure out how all this blog stuff works, the pics are a bit out of order, but most things in my life are right now...and I like it that way!
Here we are on a ferry between Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines. It was about a 45 min ride one way. We were actually "stowaways"...cost per adult $5, but no one collected our dinero. We asked a couple of times and they told us someone would be around to collect, but they never did. Little Man said this was the worst part of the trip because it was "BO-RING"! I personally loved it...the salt air blowing in my face, pelicans diving, watching dolphins play! FUN!
And here we have yours truely way out in Mobile Bay in only ankle deep water picking up some really cool shells, of course I was more interested in the critters living inside them. In this case, thousands of hermit crabs lining the Bay. I was in 7th heaven, there were at least 3 different species of hermit crabs. Hairy scary ones, red ones, and some pale, near translucent ones. Our first trip down the beach, I picked up a really cool shell and it had some sort of little slimy snail like critter in it. I was oooohing and aaaaahing and telling the kids to come look and Mr. Wonderful said to me..."Can you just put the wildlife down for a few minutes and enjoy the fact that you are STANDING in the ocean?" I thought I was...: ( I tossed it down, "enjoyed" the fact that I was STANDING in the ocean and went back to picking up critters and digging in the sand!
This is one of my favorite pictures...Little Man in his piratre doo rag and Mr. Wonderful in his Go To Hell Hat. Aren't they cute?
This one, I like to call Gilligan and Skipper with the Catch of the Day...
The next picture is of a storm blowing in off Mobile Bay. I'm a sucker for taking pictures of storms and interesting clouds. One of these days I'm gonna have a really good camera and make an album of just cloud/sky/storm shots. I was actually trying to catch one of those knock your socks off shots of a lightening strike. Just wasn't meant to be, but I did get some cool pictures of the storm. I found it quite peaceful to sit on the back deck and watch the lightening show for about an hour. And my children who are terrified of storms sat in awe and watched it approach.
This sums it up...smiling faces! (and no bickering for a week) I soooooo need to move to a beach!
1 comment:
Leave a spot for my bag- packin it right now... I'm comin' too!!
Me=jealous!!
R's go to hell hat seriously resembles Mark's newly acquired NHRA hat. Same color even. Is it reversible?? :-D
Post a Comment