I'm happy to announce that Mr. Wonderful successfully changed the battery in his truck without incident...unless you count sparks shooting from the battery terminal! Apparently, he was under the impression that I was an expert in the "changing a car battery" field since I have changed my own a couple of times and advised him on how to get his out. So he asked me if it mattered which order the cables were hooked back up. To which I responded...uhhhhh...I don't think so...just put 'em back on. Are you sure? No, but just try it! (I'm cracking up just telling the story now....please be advised to swallow anything you might have in your mouth at this moment before reading further.) He wanders back off to the garage with the utmost confidence in my terminal advice. Two minutes later, over the dishwasher running, through the laundry room and kitchen, into the living room, I catch the faint sound of his voice, in a panic, screaming "MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!" "MMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"
Thinking the worst, I'm on a dead sprint to the garage (which isn't an easy task when the "girls" aren't confined) to find him standing there, with panic in his eyes and breathing heavily. He says to me "I thought you said it didn't matter which cable went on first. When I put the red one on first, then tried the black one, sparks flew everywhere, I thought I was going to catch the truck on fire!" From a battery spark? OK. Try it the other way, I just remembered my dad always told me "smoke before fire" when changing car battery (wince) (giggle)...His response..."NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK! THANKS FOR THE HELP! " Surprisingly, he was laughing when he said it and was in a good mood the rest of the day.
Side note: I didn't let him being home ruin my cleaning plans...my house was clean and scrubbed by 1pm and I was able to watch Days and read blogs as planned...made it to the bank and Wally-hell and back before dinner! As an added bonus, I didn't have to drag three screaming, hot, nit-picking at each other, kids along with me...BONUS! Maybe Mr. Wonderful working from home isn't so bad afterall, it does have it's advantages!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LUCKY!
Post a Comment