Monday, June 23, 2008

TP for my bunghole...

Noticing we were getting low on TP, Mr. Wonderful offered to pick some up while he was out. GREAT! That saves me a trip to Wally-hell on a Saturday afternoon, have at it!

Obviously if I'm telling the story, there is a history behind TP in our household. When we met, I had always used Charmin and his mom had always used Charmin. The logical choice when buying toilet paper after we were married was Charmin, right?

After the first couple of packages, Mr. Wonderful comes to the conclusion that after wiping with Charmin for 26 years that it leaves "butt fuzzies" and he would like to try something different. The next time TP was on the list, I tried quilted Northeren and we've been using that for the past 11 years.

Imagine the shock on my face when he walked through the door with a 36 pack of Charmin!
I didn't say anything right away. In fact, I left it sit in the kitchen for a couple of hours contemplating how to approach the subject of Northeren vs Charmin.

Mr. Wonderful must have been anticipating my questioning coming because when I casually said to him, "Out of pure curiosity..." (didn't get the rest of the question out) He replied, "This is QUILTED Charmin, thought I'd give it a try, see if it has improved." OK. Didn't voice my concern of having 36 rolls worth of griping if it hadn't improved and started leaving "butt fuzzies".

Picture the scene of him coming out of the bathroom yesterday morning...scary I know...but stay with me here. He comes out exclaiming "MAN! Have you tried that new Charmin? That is some good toilet paper! It didn't leave butt fuzzies either!" I am so glad he found something positive to start his day! I'm having a hard time adjusting... I keep having squares to spare.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...he offered to pick it up...??? I didn't know men did that....

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog!! Power to the Woman...lol.

Unknown said...

ROFL! Too bad we didn't have those extra squares about 13 or 14 years ago, would have been handy!

AnyWHO...:-D This is the exact reason I have to buy Cottonelle--dang fuzzies

LMAO