Today marks the third day of my little darlin's being in Mom school...I must say that I am a bit surprised at their response to doing school work over the summer. I totally expected kicking and screaming, especially from the youngest, but instead they are bummed when their daily assignments are complete and I tell them no more, go play! In fact, they keep asking for more.
A typical Mom school morning is up and dressed and fed by 9:30 for a bit of exercise. Cool down, drink and snack while I give instructions individually, usually started by around 10am. Older girls have journal entry/story, english, math, and science daily, and book report every two weeks. Little one has two math sheets, two color/reading sheets, daily writing practice, and one-on-one reading time. All finished by lunch time. While kids are working, mom is working on house and we have the afternoon free to do whatever we choose.
The oldest (11) is working on a quilt, middle child (9) is crocheting, little man (6) is wreaking havoc on the household (not really), and my house is getting cleaned. He is actually discovering all the fun toys he has in his room. Cutting out TV was one of the smartest things I could have done for them. They have all found ways of being creative with toys they had forgotten about, they are playing games, and putting together puzzles. It has also forced them to get along with each other.
Tattle jar was also a hit. After the first day, I have only had a couple tattles dropped in the jar and had ZERO kids running to me every five minutes to tattle. Apparently they have decided it is too much work to write down meaningless tattles. Mission accomplished!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tell me more about the tattle jar...
Post a Comment