Mr. Wonderful and I have been looking for a bigger house, some land that we don't have to sell off our children to afford, anything that has something bigger than my dining room for a back yard. The search has been tiresome and mentally draining and has added several miles to my ride and practically robbed my bank account, but I think we have finally found the perfect piece of land. Unlike other properties we have looked at, this one has that "home" feeling to it, where the others were all a wishy washy it would do if we don't find anything else kind of feeling or a HELL NO I'm not living between two POS properties and neighbors with summer teeth (summer teeth, you know...some are there, some aren't).
We found a 1.5 acre lot with established peach, plum, and pecan trees, three rows of blackberry bushes, plenty of room for the kids to throw a ball without it going over the neighbor's fence, and plenty of room for Mr. Wonderful to pursue his dream of a vegetable garden and pumpkin patch. The property is lined with huge trees all around. There are a handful of neighbors who have been there for years and it is located on a dead-end road. BONUS!! No traffic! No neighbor kids! Nice, quiet, country living for all to enjoy! It is also close to family!
Mr. Wonderful and I had a midnight brainstorm session the other night and practically came up with our own floor plan based on our own homes growing up and things we've seen and liked in our travels. I woke up the next morning and sketched it out. For the first time in months, Mr. Wonderful has actually been happy and excited about something. He's been in a bit of a funk for several months. The thought of actually being able to use his agri-business degree for something other than banking has pulled him out of his own personal hell, or at least seems to have for now.
With the grace of God and a blessing from JP Morgan Chase, we should be moving in about this time next year. I'll keep you posted!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woohooo!! Sounds great!! You will love the space!! The kids will really enjoy it!
I am seriously jealous of the no neighbor kids part. That sounds horrible, but some days a yard full of kids are great...some days I just want my own kids in the yard and not everyone's to worry about/watch.
Post a Comment